Meet the Agencies is an IN-PERSON SPECIAL SESSION dedicated to public works contracting.
This session will be held at the Thurston EDC office from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
If you are contractor wanting to know more about public works, this session was created for you.
The roundtable session format will allow for you to sit down with each agency to better understand how to do business with them.
The following agencies will be ready to have conversations with contractors interested in learning more about public work.
- Port of Olympia
- Pierce County
- City of Tacoma
- Port of Tacoma & The Northwest Seaport Alliance
- Thurston County
- City of Tumwater
- City of Yelm
- And special agency guest, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM)
The following questions below will be answered during the session:
- How do firms keep connected with your agency? Are there opportunities to contact or engage outside of active procurements?
- How do vendors, suppliers, and contractors find upcoming opportunities and active solicitations?
- How do vendors, suppliers, and contractors find forecast information?
- Does your agency have any diverse business (vendors, suppliers, or contractors) inclusion goals in procurement and contracts? If yes, are they published?
- Are there other requirements to bid or propose with your agency? How does your agency determine a responsible bidder with a responsive bid?
- What, if any, rosters is your agency currently using? How do I register?
The following resource organizations will also be present to answer questions regarding their agency’s services:
- Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) – Small Works Rosters
- Washington APEX Accelerator – Government Contracting
- Washington State Department of Transportion (WSDOT) – Infrastructure Support
- Office of Women and Minority Business Enterprise (OMWBE) – Small Business Certifications (WBE, MBE, MWBE, CBE, SEDBE, DBE, ACDBE, SBE)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – Small Business Growth Strategies
The goals for this session are to gather resources and information about public works opportunities and meet local public agencies to learn about their public work needs.
LOCATION: Thurston EDC – TwinStar Community Foundation Event Center
4220 6th Ave SE Lacey, WA 98382
TIME: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM PST