Three session tracks to choose from:
- Wednesdays, July 7 – September 1 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Thursdays, July 8 – September 2, 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Wednesdays, July 8 – September 2, 6:00 PM – 7:30 AM
ScaleUp: The Rebuild Edition
Business is not as usual right now and may not be for a long time.
ScaleUp business training is focused on teaching proven strategies to small businesses that will increase resiliency and spur growth in the wake of a global pandemic.
The two-hour online courses are held weekly, allowing up to 100 businesses around the state to restart and rebuild, improving their strategic thinking and decision-making, creating operational efficiencies and strengthening the bottom line as we engage in economic recovery.
This eight-week program provides tangible tools to examine strategic alignment, optimize market strategy, and master finances. Participants will also learn how to drive performance using metrics, build organizational systems that increase capacity and develop strategies for automating important parts of their business.
ScaleUp is delivered in a hybrid of virtual live instruction combined with self-paced learning modules to make the program as accessible as possible for business owners strapped for time. The program includes roundtable discussions, best practices and access to mentors, as well as opportunities to network and engage peers.
A special “Study Hall” provides opportunities for private mentoring and coaching. The curriculum is based on the Thurston Center for Business Innovation’s highly respected ScaleUp program, which uses the Kauffman Foundation’s FastTrac® Growth Venture coursework.
The ideal candidate for ScaleUp is the president/owner of a Washington State business that has been in operation for two years and has annual pre-COVID revenues in excess of $100,000.
Course topics include:
- Organizing and creating business systems to get more done in less time.
- Strategies for increasing revenue.
- Strengthening your product and/or service.
- Creating your own competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Designing a marketing strategy that increases sales leads.
- Understanding financial statements and key business drivers and metrics.
ScaleUp is a partnership between the Washington State Department of Commerce, U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) and Thurston EDC Center for Business Innovation.