This webinar will provide an overview of the two dominant domestic preference statutes in federal procurement: the Buy American Act and the Trade Agreements Act. We’ll discuss the requirements and key exceptions that dictate how these statutes operate in practice. We’ll also address the Build America, Buy America Act, which dictates sourcing requirements for federally-funded infrastructure projects.
Specifically, you will learn the following:
- When the Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act apply to federal procurements
- The requirements of the Buy American Act, including recent updates
- Proposal evaluation when the Buy American Act applies
- The requirements of the Trade Agreements Act and the concept of substantial transformation
- The Buy America requirements that apply to federally-funded infrastructure projects, including those in the recent Build America, Buy America Act
Target Audience: Business owners, contract managers, project managers
Through our partnership with Govology, the premier provider of government market education, clients of Washington MBDA Business Center have complimentary access to a vast array of training (i.e., live webinars and on-demand courses) that will empower you to grow, improve, and prosper by doing business with government agencies. Contact us to learn how to to receive your special discount code through Washington MBDA Business Center and start learning today!
June 8, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM PDT