Please see the following newsletter from IRS for small business owners for January 2023.
►Hot Off the Press:
- More news about 1099-K rules. Check here for continuing updates: Form 1099-K Frequently Asked Questions: General | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)
- IR 2022-226 – IRS announces delay for implementation of $600 reporting threshold for third-party payment platforms’ Forms 1099-K
- IR-2022-234 – IRS issues standard mileage rates for 2023; business use increases 3 cents per mile
- IR-2022-231 – IRS releases frequently asked questions about clean vehicles credits for new, previously owned and commercial clean vehicles
- IR-2022-225 – IRS releases frequently asked questions about energy efficient home improvements and residential clean energy property credits
►Upcoming Webinars and Events
- No events scheduled for January 2023
- Check out our latest webinars here: Webinars for Small Businesses
- You can find recently recorded webinars here: IRS Video Portal
- Workshops and Other Events in Spanish for Small Businesses: Talleres y Otros Eventos Para Pequeños Negocios
►New Tax Tips
- Connect to the IRS social media and e-news subscriptions for tax time tips and resources English | Spanish
- TIGTA Report – Backlogs of Tax Returns and Other Account Work Will Continue Into the 2023 Filing Season
► Cybersecurity and ID Theft News
- Get An Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) – The ‘Get an IP PIN’ application is scheduled to re-open on January 10, 2023.
► IRS YouTube Channel
- How to Avoid IRS Tax Scams English
- For all IRS videos and the latest content, subscribe to IRSvideos – YouTube
►IRS.gov & Additional Resources
- Bookmark IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue
- Follow @IRSNews and @IRSsmallbiz for by-the-minute updates
- Subscribe to e-News Subscriptions – IRS Tax Tips, IRS Newswire, IRS News in Spanish (Noticias del IRS en Español), e-News for Small Businesses, e-News for Exempt Organizations and more.
- Forms and Publications Forms & Instructions | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)
- Helpful links:
- Where’s My Refund? (You will need your SSN/ITIN, Filing Status, Refund Amount from return)
- Using a mobile device? Download the IRS2Go app – check refund status, make a payment, find free tax preparation assistance, sign up for helpful tax tips, and more! Available in English and Spanish.
- Your Online Account (View stimulus payments, advance child tax credit payments, etc)