https://mbdawashington.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/logo-MBDA-Washington-Business-Center-300x255-1.png 0 0 WA MBDA https://mbdawashington.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/logo-MBDA-Washington-Business-Center-300x255-1.png WA MBDA2023-01-12 14:43:372023-01-12 14:43:37January Update from Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for Business Owners
January Update from Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for Business Owners
Please see the following newsletter from IRS for small business owners for January 2023.
►Hot Off the Press:
- More news about 1099-K rules. Check here for continuing updates: Form 1099-K Frequently Asked Questions: General | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)
- IR 2022-226 – IRS announces delay for implementation of $600 reporting threshold for third-party payment platforms’ Forms 1099-K
- IR-2022-234 – IRS issues standard mileage rates for 2023; business use increases 3 cents per mile
- IR-2022-231 – IRS releases frequently asked questions about clean vehicles credits for new, previously owned and commercial clean vehicles
- IR-2022-225 – IRS releases frequently asked questions about energy efficient home improvements and residential clean energy property credits
►Upcoming Webinars and Events
- No events scheduled for January 2023
- Check out our latest webinars here: Webinars for Small Businesses
- You can find recently recorded webinars here: IRS Video Portal
- Workshops and Other Events in Spanish for Small Businesses: Talleres y Otros Eventos Para Pequeños Negocios
►New Tax Tips
- Connect to the IRS social media and e-news subscriptions for tax time tips and resources English | Spanish
- TIGTA Report – Backlogs of Tax Returns and Other Account Work Will Continue Into the 2023 Filing Season
► Cybersecurity and ID Theft News
- Get An Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) – The ‘Get an IP PIN’ application is scheduled to re-open on January 10, 2023.
► IRS YouTube Channel
- How to Avoid IRS Tax Scams English
- For all IRS videos and the latest content, subscribe to IRSvideos – YouTube
►IRS.gov & Additional Resources
- Bookmark IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue
- Follow @IRSNews and @IRSsmallbiz for by-the-minute updates
- Subscribe to e-News Subscriptions – IRS Tax Tips, IRS Newswire, IRS News in Spanish (Noticias del IRS en Español), e-News for Small Businesses, e-News for Exempt Organizations and more.
- Forms and Publications Forms & Instructions | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)
- Helpful links:
- Where’s My Refund? (You will need your SSN/ITIN, Filing Status, Refund Amount from return)
- Using a mobile device? Download the IRS2Go app – check refund status, make a payment, find free tax preparation assistance, sign up for helpful tax tips, and more! Available in English and Spanish.
- Your Online Account (View stimulus payments, advance child tax credit payments, etc)