Due Date: September 9 at 5:00 PM
The Washington State Legislature has allocated $5 million for a grant program to assist businesses and non-profits that are dependent to maintain their operations on the economic activity created through conventions hosted in Washington state. The Washington Department of Commerce will manage the Convention Center Grant Program.
Grant Amount: Eligible businesses may receive up to a $500,000 grant. Commerce is permitted to reduce prior Working Washington grants and/or prioritize those who have not yet received a grant.
UPDATED General Timeline:
- August 17 – September 9, 2022: Application portal will remain open for 24 days.
- Mid – late September: Application review.
- Early October: Commerce to notify grantees and disburse funding.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Are an active for-profit or non-profit business or organization,
- Have a UEI (Unique Entity Identifier) number – no longer the DUNS (Data Universal Number System),
- Have not reported annual gross receipts of more than $100 million in 2019,
- Have expenses that are necessary to continue business operations, and the expense is not a federal, state or local tax, fee, license or other government revenue,
- Have met one or more of these criteria:
- Hosted an in-person convention in Washington state that allows for all ages of the general public to attend,
- Provided support services to conventions in Washington state, or
- Depended on the function of conventions to sell goods and services in Washington state,
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak,
- Make more than 25% of annual revenue from convention activities,
- Have reported total revenues of at least $10,000 in 2019,
- Generate at least 51% of revenue in Washington state,
- Have not permanently closed or do not intend to permanently close in 2022, and
- Follow all COVD-19 health requirementsClick Here To Apply
- Resources and Information About The Working Washington Grants: Round 5 (WWR5) Program:
Resources and Information About The Convention Center Grants (CCG) Program: