DUNS is being replaced by Unique Entity Identifiers

As you may be aware, all entities wanting to register to do business with the federal government must first obtain a DUNS number.  The DUNS number is the current unique identifier that the government uses to verify your entity. On April 4, 2022, the U.S. government will switch from using the DUNS number to a new Unique Entity ID (SAM), also known as a UEI.
Click the link below for a release from GSA Integrated Award Environment to help answer questions about the change:
What do I need to know about the new Unique Entity ID in

Sources: Washington PTAC, GSA